2018 NAMI Lobby Day - February 19th, 2018
175 NAMI members and supporters engaged their local legistlators on NAMI Lobby Day. The 2018 legislative session was one of the busiest in recent memory, with bills being introduced and receiving public hearings at a rate beyond what many can remember. NAMI Washington tracked more than 90 pieces of legislation relating to mental/behavioral health. Of those, NAMI Washington supported 75, opposed six, and was neutral on nine. We focused on four priority bills, all of which passed the Legislature. These bills improve youth and student mental health, work to decriminalize behavioral health conditions, and improve access to treatment. Download our full 2018 legislative report here.
What did NAMI Day look like in 2017?
Check out our work during the 2016 Legislative Session Below
Protect Access to Quality Mental Health Services
- Operating Budget and Workforce Stability
- Ricky's Law: Involuntary Treatment Integration
- Medication Continuity of Care (Switching)
- Involuntary Treatment Act Standard
Improve the Quality of Life for People Living with Mental Illness and Decriminalize Mental Illness
- Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE)
- Certificate of Restoration of Opportunity (CROP)
- Legal Financial Obligations (LFOs)
Ensure the Fiscal Sustainability of a Quality Mental Health Care System